GUERNSEY                          4 (Loaring 17'; 90+2'; Gauvain 47'; Wallace 90')

(Thank you very much to Graham Hantonne for his permission to use his photos)

Guernsey created another away day to remember as they scored their 1,000th competitive goal on route to dismantling strugglers Corinthian-Casuals on Saturday.

It was fitting that it was Charlton Gauvain who wrote his name into the record books, having come into his own and a real leader in the team over the last few months. He bagged the Green Lions’ second to spark the celebrations.

Matt Loaring also helped himself to another brace to leave him just one shy of a century for the club, and winger Brandon Wallace is finally off the mark after helping put gloss on the performance.

Despite a sprited effort from the hosts, Jordan Kelly only had two significant saves to make towards the end of the game on the way to his side’s second clean sheet of the season. It was also the Sarnian's biggest win for more than two years.

In an even start, Aderi Arthur-Dede flashed a curler across goal from outside the area in the early stages, while Ross Allen was unable to make a clean connection as he collected a pass from Loaring, firing straight at Daniel O’Donovan.

GFC took the lead on 17 minutes with a goal that has become a familiar pattern of play for Tony Vance’s side in recent weeks. The ball was worked to the right of the area, where the advancing Niall Hainsworth got forward to whip a low delivery across goal that gave Matt Loaring the simplest of tap-ins at the far post.

Arthur-Dede whipped one just wide a minute later in an almost-instant equaliser, but Guernsey always looked dangerous going forward, with Gauvain drawing a save from O’Donovan at his near post as the visitors worked space in the hosts’ area again.

Owen Wallbridge teed up Gauvain on the edge of the box on the half-hour but the number seven dragged his low shot past the far post. Shortly before the break, Wallbridge got on the end of a bouncing ball but his lob brushed the side netting.

The second half was only two minutes old when Gauvain tucked in his side’s landmark goal. Allen ran out wide to meet a throw and scooped the ball first time from the left touchline towards the far post. It almost dropped in itself but bounced off the upright and, with O’Donovan flailing, Gauvain controlled and tapped home from six yards to bring up his side’s landmark goal.

Casuals sought a route back into the game straight from kick-off but as a long ball bounced but for Arthur-Dede, he sent his lob comfortably over. The forward headed over from a corner soon after.

This was the start of a mini fightback from the hosts and Arthur-Dede was the man at the heart of all his side’s chances. He came close when he turned Tom Vaudin on the edge of the six-yard box but dragged his shot against the side netting. Soon after, he found a yard of space at the far post to meet Jaedon Reynolds cross but nodded against the upright.

GFC stand-in keeper Jordan Kelly had a solid afternoon and preserved his deserved clean sheet with a fantastic save, turning the ball away as substitute Melford Simpson came onto a lay-off and lashed the ball towards goal from the edge of the area.

Rihoy came close to making with a little over a quarter of an hour remaining. His initial delivery was blocked but he got to the loose ball first and took aim with his left foot but his effort whistled just over the top.

Arthur-Dede should have pulled one back has he met another delivery towards the far post but he glanced his header wide from point-blank range.

Allen attempted an audacious lob as he ran onto Kelly’s goal-kick but he sent the ball over. Wallace came on for the last few minutes and should have scored with his first touch as Loaring ran through and teed him up, but the ball took a bobble as he swung his right foot at it and sent it over from six yards. But luckily he would get another chance.

Tony Vance had clearly identified a weakness pre-match as all of Kelly’s kicks, both from dead balls and out his hands, were sent high towards the left wing. After causing a few problems, it finally paid dividends as Guernsey got their third in the last minute of the 90. Gauvain ran onto this one and squared to Allen for a routine finish. But the Green Lions captain slipped and his shot didn’t have enough power to trickle over the line. O’Donovan, got down to claw it off the line but Wallace was waiting to lash in the rebound. His first goal was greeted enthusiastically by his team mates and the travelling fans behind the goal.

Kelly denied Finlay Evans from the angle moments after the kick off, but then the hosts gifted GFC a fourth. O’Donovan scuffed his clearance straight to Loaring, who squared for Wallace. The substitute could have scored his second goal with only his third touch, but O’Donavan paried it, but only into the path of Loaring, whose second of the game was one of the easier finishes of his 99.

Guernsey jumped three places up to 14th in Isthmian South Central. Saturday’s other results were as follows: Chertsey Town 0-0 Northwood, Leatherhead 2-1 Metropolitan Police, Marlow 1-0 Badshot Lea, South Park Reigate 6-2 Hartley Wintney, Southall 0-1 Ascot United, Sutton Common Rovers 1-4 Ashford Town, Thatcham Town 3-2 Binfield, Uxbridge 4-2 Raynes Park Vale, Westfield 1-0 Hanworth Villa.

Corinthian-Casuals: 1 Daniel O’DONOVAN; 2 Marc Lida-GBALLOU; 3 Ibrahim BANGURA; 4 Quade TAYLOR; 5 Shyam TAANK; 6 Robert HYLTON-BARTLEY (17 Finlay EVANS, 53’); 7 Jaedon REYNOLDS; 8 Exauce DITU; 10 Noah JOYCE (19 Ryan ATKINSON, 63’); 11 Tyrell BUTLER (9 Meford SIMPSON, 77’); 14 Aderi ARTHUR-DEDE. Not used: 12 Ayomide MAJEKODUNMI; 15 Kaylen HARRIS.

Guernsey: 1 Jordan KELLY; 2 Niall HAINSWORTH (17 Brandon WALLACE, 88’); 3 Dave MERRIS (12 Jacques CAUVIN, 66’); 4 Tom DODDS; 5 Tom VAUDIN; 6 Seb VANCE; 7 Charlton GAUVAIN; 8 Dave RIHOY; 9 Owen WALLBRIDGE (14 Ben SOLWAY, 72’); 10 Ross ALLEN; 11 Matt LOARING.

Attendance: 260.

Highlights will soon be uploaded to our social media and YouTube channel.